Endless pools are just like the traditional pools that you find in your city but are more beneficial for the swimmer in actual than a traditional pool. Endless pools are not meant for regular swimming but they are meant for targeted swimming. They are usually used by swimmers who take part in competitions for targeted swimming as well as by rehabilitation centers for rehabilitation therapy.
Endless pools are highly beneficial for swimmers and athletes as they provide them the best workout and overall swimming experience. It helps them to identify deviations in their technique and posture so that they can work upon rectifying it to perform better. An interesting fact to note is that these pools are not used by swimmers only. In fact, many of the athletes such as tennis players, basketball players, runners etc regularly use these pools for workout and training.
BENEFITS OF AN ENDLESS POOL
- Endless pools possess a systematic way to control the water current speed. This helps the athletes for setting up a challenge for themselves in order to improve strength and stamina by adjusting the current of water. It is impossible to do so in a traditional pool.
- Targeted training has been proven to be beneficial over time. In an endless pool, the trainer or the coach can continuously monitor the athlete and provide them targeted training. It also helps them to observe their technique very closely and find out any deviations.
- At any time there are a number of people swimming in a traditional pool. It may be a problem for an athlete who is looking forward to improving himself/herself. This is because you keep running into other people and are unable to maintain a focus.
- Becoming more aware of your body is one of the top benefits of training in an endless pool. At the bottom of an endless pool, a mirror is attached which helps the swimmer to become aware of the actions he is performing and what the problematic areas are.
- A traditional pool is built by keeping a focus of the general public as a whole. Due to this mindset, you may not find a satisfactory experience if you are hitting the pool only for training purposes. For instance, triathletes rarely find smooth water surfaces during competitions and for them, the traditional pool is not suitable for training but an endless pool is.
- Immediate feedback becomes a possibility only because of an endless pool. It takes time for a coach to understand his subject and his movements in a traditional pool but in an endless pool this is not the case.
- Apart from training purposes, an endless pool is highly beneficial for healthy living. It helps in improving body mechanism and provides therapy benefits as well. Furthermore, it is possible to heat up an endless pool which promotes faster muscle recovery and provides relaxation to the body by relieving stress.
All in all an endless pool is highly beneficial for swimmers and athletes. If you are looking forward to some rigorous training then it is the best option you can go for.