Fishing is usually done in the daylight especially when we talk about recreational fishing. However, there are many cases in which night fishing or low light fishing might become a necessity.
This can be caused due to many reasons but most commonly night fishing is done because of the nature of the fish one is trying to catch. There are certain fish species for which night fishing is the only way for catching them.
Some fishermen even prefer fishing at night because it is considered fishing at night is fairly easy than fishing in the daylight and sometimes it’s just the best to fish at night.
There are no exact reasons as to how fishing at night is preferred but the most logical answer is that many fish species hunt at night due to which it gets a bit easier to attract fishes into fishing traps which in turn makes fishing easy and more productive.
Tips For Making Night Fishing More Productive
There is a big difference among the fishing methods that are used in the daylight and in the night time. This is due to change in the conditions of surroundings around you.
You may fish in the same place in the day as well as night but the methods will vary greatly if you want to fish effectively.
Similarly, when we talk about night fishing then there are certain basic things which are often ignored but should be kept in mind for achieving a better end result.
Here are a few basic things that you should keep in mind while you are out for night fishing:
- The basic thing that most fishermen suffer to decide on is the illumination levels they should keep at night. It should be well noted that the illumination levels should always be kept near to optimum levels (since it is an external source of light) as it will be real hard to fish in other illumination levels at night. Ideally, you shouldn’t go for anything above than a small headlamp. The moonlight or the night brightness levels also play a big role in determining as to how much light is required.
- The type of fishing gear being used at night also plays a big role in productivity. Due to lack of a clear sight, the reliance on feelings and intuition in generally much higher in night fishing, therefore, you should stick to highly sensitive fishing gears especially those which are crucial for your specific fishing technique(s).
- In case, night fishing is being (or is to be) done at a place where there is absolutely no light available then you should first familiarize yourself with the place completely. After a thorough analysis of the place, you should pick the most productive spot as per your analysis and always stick to that place instead of roaming all over around the place. If that spot doesn’t work out then you should do a reanalysis and pick up a new spot for fishing.
- Night fishing is mostly about being attentive enough to take advantage of the opportunity when it comes in your hand. In order to do that, you should work on getting your mind calm and getting rid of any external sources that might hinder you in the process. Once you are calm you would be able to focus on the subject more attentively and will probably be able to catch the fish when it comes.
- Some fishes tend to provide a good fight when caught because of their aggressive nature. It is a challenging task even in the daytime to get over it especially if it is a very big fish. You should take a few precautionary measures for it in order to avoid mishappenings. Being prepared for a fight beforehand is probably the best solution for it. Moreover, you should kill the fish with a sharp knife or a similar object as soon as you grab it.